Day 7 of 62, Tuesday May 7
- Morning weight and body fat: 212.5 lbs – 25%
- Weight loss to date: -2 lbs
- Calories from food: 1,860
- Tracked using MyFitnessPal app
- Calories burned from exercise: 471
- Strava, FitBit and MyFitnessPal
- Eating window: 9.5
- Activity: Everyday active…10,944 Steps
- Mood: Great, productive, happy
- Stiffness and pain on waking: 3
I resolved to drop the keto diet and instead focus on the Canada Food Guide for recommendations for a healthy, balanced, low protein, low carb, high-fibre, calorie-restricted, fasting mimicking, anti-disease diet for longevity. That’s a lot of masters to serve.
I’m over 50 now so I am struggling to recast my exercise routine away from what it used to be (training for half-marathons and triathlons) and toward hip strength, core strength, mobility and overall functional maintenance…and by that I mean how can I keep playing hockey for another 20 years? Swimming…sigh.
I should be able to design this and stick to it for the next 8 weeks. I should, but can I? Why is it that we have difficulty doing what we know to be the right thing…with our big evolved brains?
I’m excited to see what the results hold, and how it feels to walk around at 195.